Monday, September 9, 2013

Planning our Stories!


Last week, our writers in room 205 chose a topic and planned their stories. The plan allows the writer to know exactly how their stories are going to go, before they just start writing. A plan should include all the main events of the story, but does not need to go into vivid detail or have complete sentences. The plan below was done by one of our amazing writers, Dalton! He is planning a story about how he crashed his cousin's four-wheeler. His story starts as he is getting the 4 wheeler out of the shed. This is the perfect place for his story to start, because it is right before the main event! (He didn't write about what he had for breakfast that morning, or how he brushed his teeth or got dressed. That would be a boring beginning!) The middle of Dalton's plan contains the action of his story, and he includes 5 main events that happened. He ends his plan with a feeling (relief) that he would be able to ride his 4 wheeler again because he wasn't hurt. This is an amazing plan and we can't wait for Dalton to write his story so we can read it!


17 comments:

  1. Hi I was going on the scoicel-studies book to studie for just A little pracktos I love 3rd grade I hope I get time to go on reflex-math. love Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi I love 3rd grade and I hope you remember me from this day on.The thing that we Know how to get on our blog is so cool. love Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Madeline's mom had lots of fun viewing this site. It's nice to see all that the kids are doing in school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love 3rd grade love Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dalton has said how this is his favorite grade, yet! So glad to have all of you ladies teaching him, this year. :)
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. i messed up on my plan i think FROM EMMA

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is some great planning Dalton! We can't wait to read your story. Mrs. O'Leary taught our teacher how to plan like that last year.

    Sincerely,
    Mrs. Felter's 3rd Grade
    Charlotte, NC

    ReplyDelete
  8. bella,I loved open house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you for all that youre teaching my child ... Gabriel..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for teaching my child Gabriel .. I hope he will succed with this class

    ReplyDelete
  11. I studied social studies and I love my teachers love madeline

    ReplyDelete
  12. When are we going to do our next book response?
    From Scott

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love this LOVE KATHERINE

    ReplyDelete
  14. ya when are we doing our book response
    from paisley

    ReplyDelete
  15. me and lauren are having a sleepover and were doing gizmos

    from paisley and lauren

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our blog! We LOVE comments but we also love using technology safely. When you leave a comment, please write your first name so we know who it is from. It is important for you to write your FIRST NAME ONLY. Now..."Comment On!" friends! :)